22.3.10

Tom Ford Talks 'A Simple Man' to V Magazine

Julianne Moore and Colin Firth, stars of A Single Man, pose for the film’s director, fashion designer Tom Ford, in issue #63 of V Magazine, out January 12.

The film, a story of a professor who can’t make sense of life after his longtime love dies, also stars Matthew Goode and Nicholas Hoult.







Here’s what Tom had to share about the making of A Single Man:

On being nervous about his directorial debut: “I was very conscious of making it look like I knew exactly what the f— I was doing. But, sure, I didn’t sleep the night before because I was terrified of having to say “Cut!” in front of a bunch of people.”

On opening up to audiences: “There is a lot of my own life in the film. People say that when you start to write something you should always write what you know, so I had to ask myself, I know what I am as a fashion designer, but what am I about as a filmmaker? What do I believe in? Why should anyone see a Tom Ford film?”

On having to read reviews: “When you put that much of yourself out there, of course you’re terrified. Terrified! But I’ve never let potential terror or fear stop me. In my adult life I’ve understood that if I put an enormous amount of love and honesty into something, usually that shows in the end.”

A Single Man opens in limited release this Friday. For more from Tom Ford, check out V Magazine, on newsstands January 12 or on VMagazine.com.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário